At Stepping Forward Therapy Services we take the health & safety of all our patients very seriously. In lieu of restrictions regarding COVID19 we have temporarily changed how we provide physiotherapy.
- Telehealth Assisted Sessions where clinically appropriate,
- increasing the frequency of disinfecting common areas within the clinic,
- limiting time in the waiting room
- staggering appointments to limit exposure with other patients,
- temporary removal of toys and equipment that is not easily sanitised, and
- rescheduling of appointments in 14 days should a child or family member present unwell.
During Stage 3 restrictions, Stepping Forward Therapy Services is offering Telehealth Assisted Sessions as our main form of physiotherapy. This enables families to have access to physiotherapy whilst minimising the risk of exposure to COVID19.
We are happy to report overall success with using Telehealth Assisted Sessions (mostly via video consults). We are slowly re-introducing sessions in the clinic, with priority given to children who are most at risk.
Our criteria for priority are as follows:
- Assessments, particularly for head-shape concerns and/or developmental delay
- Risk of deterioration of chest health, without chest Physiotherapy
- Significant risk of functional deterioration or poor outcomes, such as contractures or pain.
- When advised by your physiotherapist.
For all other patients, we are able to offer limited appointments in the clinic, as we are continuing to limit and stagger appointments to minimise contact with other families, and limit the number of people in the clinic at any one time. Your physiotherapist may offer a combination of both in clinic and telehealth consultations, where appropriate.
For children who have difficulty with hygiene, spatial distancing and/or unsafe behaviours, you may be advised that clinic sessions are not appropriate at this time. Please discuss with your physiotherapist if you have concerns.
We have temporarily suspended all community visits, aquatic physiotherapy and groups at this time.
When you come into the clinic:
- Please use our virtual waiting room! You can opt into our virtual waiting room, by letting us know directly, or replying OPT IN to your text reminder.
- We are trying to minimise your time in the waiting area, so please help us start and finish on time. Should you arrive for your appointment early, we recommend you wait outside or in your car.
- Please note that on arrive, you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser, have your and your child’s temperature taken and wear a mask. We understand that children often can’t wear a mask. Your physio will also wear a mask during the session. Masks are provided.
- Do not attend the clinic if you or your child are unwell, if you or someone in your household has travelled overseas in the past 14 days, or anyone in your household has a confirmed case of COVID19. Please call the clinic to reschedule.
- We are limiting appointments to 1 parent/carer per child. We request that siblings and other family members do not come into the clinic.
We thank you for your understanding and commitment to ensuring a safe clinic environment for our patients & staff. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and act quickly on the advice of health authorities. We appreciate your patience and your support.
If you have questions, please call Ph: 03 9899 4004.
Stepping Forward Therapy Services are following the guidelines provided by the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services.
For more information: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19