Stepping Forward Therapy Services offers Physiotherapy to assess and treat a wide range of paediatric physical and neurological conditions. We work closely with Paediatricians, Orthotists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Neurologists, General Practitioners and Maternal and Child Health Nurses in helping children reach their physical potential.
Our physiotherapists are able to facilitate continued growth and development of your child. This assists them in reaching developmental milestones, getting ready for school, accessing their school and community and participating in sport.
Some of the concerns we commonly treat are:
- Uneven head shape and flat spots (plagiocephaly, scaphocephaly and brachycephaly).
- Delay in reaching developmental milestones, such as sitting, crawling, rolling and walking.
- Difficulty with age appropriate gross motor play (For example: difficulty climbing stairs, difficulty hopping or jumping).
- Rehabilitation after a fracture or surgery. Our physiotherapists can provide Post Intervention Therapy (PIT) co-ordinated and funded through the Royal Children’s Hospital.
- Difficulty with the physical aspect of a neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, Down’s Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Muscular Atrophies/Dystrophies and Spina Bifida. We can facilitate their ability to access play, to participate with peers and/or learn age appropriate movement and independence.
- Assessment and prescription for rehabilitative equipment, adaptive equipment or promoting safe access. Our therapists are registered prescibers of the StateWide Equipment Program (SWEP).
This isn’t limited to hands on treatment. Should you need it, we can lend assistance in the following services:
- Education and training of parents and/or caregivers regarding our recommendations and treatment.
- Goal Setting and Therapy Planning that involves your child, you and the school.
- Advising and/or assisting with applications for funding for your child. Our therapists are Better Start and NDIS Providers, and are experienced in assisting with funding submissions through the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Independent Schools Victoria and the Catholic Education Office.
- Monitoring and continued support.
We provide and friendly and supportive environment for your child to develop skills, gain strength and/or flexibility and reach gross motor milestones that will impact their main purpose – to play.
Stepping Forward Therapy Services are registered providers for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and provide services for families that have Agency managed, self managed and financial intermediary managed funding.
Contact us on (03) 9899 4004 to speak to our friendly and knowledgeable staff or to book an appointment.
Want to know more? Have a look at these recent articles:
- Is my child ready for school
- Hip Dysplasia
- What is normal development
- My baby has a flat spot on his/her head
- Are we eligible for funding for my child’s therapy?
- Funding for Children with a Disability
- Funding under Medicare
- NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Do I need to plan for my planning meeting?
Click Physiotherapy Programs to find out about what else we do.