START DATE: AUGUST 2020 – NEGOTIABLE
HOURS: FLEXIBLE – IDEALLY 4 DAYS
Do you enjoy working with babies and children?
Do you value play-based therapy, functional outcomes and programs that captivate and motivate young minds?
Wanting to work with a dynamic team of enthusiastic, like-minded people?
Stepping Forward Therapy Services is looking for a Physiotherapist to join our dedicated and growing paediatric team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with babies through to young adults, assessing and treating a wide range of conditions. Peer support is regularly available from our senior physiotherapists, and we have established relationships with other allied health and medical disciplines.
More about us:
Our clinic in Surrey Hills has well equipped facilities, providing therapists with a great environment for functional assessment, play based therapy and engaging therapy programs. The clinic is currently shared with a Paediatric Occupational Therapist.
What to find out more? visit: www.steppingforward.com.au
Are you a physiotherapist who with 4+ years experience in the paediatric field?
Working at Stepping Forward would give you the opportunity to broaden your clinical experience to include a wide age group, from babies through to young adults with a spectrum of needs and diagnoses. A significant portion of your caseload will be neurodevelopmental, however you will also assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions in this unique age group. You would also have the opportunity to work with other experienced physiotherapists and other health professionals – to share knowledge and support.
Are you a physiotherapist who values professional development, mentorship and clinical support?
Stepping Forward values hands on professional development, and we are committed to supporting each and every physiotherapist on our team in building knowledge, experience and expertise. Our senior physiotherapists are available for mentoring and supervision.
This position involves clinic and community visits, and hours are negotiable. We value hard work, but also a healthy work-life balance!
Remuneration is salary based and experience considered.
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Drivers licence and car.
- Current Working With Children Check and Police Check.
- Professional Indemnity $20M.
We are looking for a Physiotherapist who:
- enjoys engaging children of all ages in play based therapy.
- demonstrates excellent communication with children, parents and team peers,
- has experience in assessment and treatment of children from infancy to adolescence,
- has experience in disability and equipment prescription.
- has a sound working understanding of a range of paediatric conditions, both neurological and musculoskeletal.
What else are we looking for?
- Someone who is a motivated, takes initiative with their learning, and seeks out support where appropriate.
- A team player, who values contributing and the contribution of others… and who understands that not everything is written in a position description.
- A physiotherapist who is invested in the goals of our patients and patient families and who is proactive in their treatment planning and service delivery.
- A physiotherapist who is able to build and manage a caseload, with good time management and forward planning.
- Someone who values good communication with other health professionals.
- Someone with emotional intelligence, who knows how to bring out the best in people.
- Someone who is committed to the growth of Stepping Forward, its clinical expertise and its services.
- Someone who is looking to stay for the long haul – this is important to our patients and their families, and to us too!
Why should you apply?
Flexibility – Love the position, but not sure if you meet all the criteria? Concerned about start dates or hours? Talk to us!
Support – Working with children and families can be tough. We are committed to supporting our staff. We discuss complex cases and providing clinical and administrative support. But what about you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? We can help you get there.
Fit – We love where we work, and we want you to too! We are a small team of 4 therapists and 2 admin staff who work hard, enjoy supporting each other and having fun on the way. We have a dynamic clinic with other like-minded health professionals sharing our space, or just popping in to say hello.
Want to apply?
Contact Megan Smith (Senior Administrative Officer) or Audrey Lee (Director/Principle Physiotherapist) on 03 9899 4004.
Applications accepted through SEEK.com.au or emailed with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Megan Smith
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a physiotherapist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?